Quality Powder Coating Services
Precision. Accuracy. Efficiency. These are just a few qualities to look for when you need a powder coating provider for your industrial parts.
At Monti, we have all these qualities and more. Since we expanded our Greenwood, SC facility to offer powder coating, quality and customer service have been our top priorities.
What is Powder Coating?
Powder coating is a type of industrial coating applied to steel & aluminum parts to protect them from damage and corrosion. It differs from traditional liquid coatings in that it is a dry finishing process that is applied with a spray gun, and then cured in a heated oven creating a chemical bond. The spray gun applies an electrostatic charge to the powder particles, causing the particles to be drawn to the grounded metal.
What are the Benefits of Powder Coating?
Powder coating is preferable to traditional liquid coatings for several reasons:
- Durability: Powder coatings are thicker and more durable than liquid coatings due to their strong chemical bond. They are incredibly protective against UV damage, scratches, cracking, peeling and rust.
- Easy and Quick Application: Powder coatings are easier to apply, and usually only require one coat.
- Versatility: Powder coatings come in a wide variety of colors and textures.
- Consistency: The cross linking chemical bond creates a more even finish.
- Environmental Friendliness: Powder coatings do not contain Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) or solvents that liquid coatings contain. These chemicals harm both the environment and human health.
The Top 6 Reasons To Choose Monti For Your Powder Coating Needs
1. Attention to Detail
The Monti Team is meticulous in our coating process from start to finish. From the way we schedule and track our parts, to our precise equipment calibration, visual inspections, accurate counting, and careful packaging, we have our system down to a science. Read more about our process controls here.
2. Cutting-Edge Equipment
At Monti, we understand that the highest quality powder coatings can only be achieved by utilizing the highest quality equipment. We designed and built our system with some of the best powder coating brands and technology available in today’s market.
3. Highly-Trained Employees
We believe a powder coating system is only as good as the employees running it. That’s why training our staff is a top priority at Monti. Our employees receive rigorous and ongoing training, and many are Gema Certified Technicians. We also believe in cross-training our employees, to ensure every member of our team is an expert in the entire powder coating process.
Monti understands our customers all have unique needs, and we’ll work with you to decide on the most competitive option for your order. From high volume to single piece orders, we can handle it all.
5. Superior Precoating with Zirconium Chemistry
Monti uses zirconium chemistry to pretreat your parts before applying the powder coating. Zirconium is a phosphate-free, environmentally friendly chemistry designed to be used on steel, aluminum and galvanized materials. It is more efficient and eco-friendly than iron phosphate chemistry, and produces far less sludge.
6. Our Company Values
Monti is proudly family owned and operated. We consider our employees our biggest asset. We believe in fostering mutually beneficial long-term relationships with suppliers, customers and employees, and are committed to providing you with the best in quality and customer service.
Options For Powder Coating Textures and Finishes at Monti
Monti can achieve most finish options and textures in a single coat, and our team has extensive experience with several different types of power coatings.
Your options include:
- Gloss factors that range from low gloss to high gloss and even matte finishes
- Textures such as sand, vein, wrinkle, and river
- Specialized powders such as transparent, metallic, chrome, sparkle, clear coat powders
- 2 coat powder coat processes such as a transparent red sparkle over super chrome, which can give the final appearance of a red chrome with sparkle
Powder Brand Options
We partner with most major brands for powder coatings. If you need a specific brand of powder coating, just let us know, and we’re glad to work with you to get you exactly what you need. We work with the following brands for powder coating:
- Akzo Nobel
- Prismatic Powders
- Sherwin Williams
Contact Monti For a Quote Today
Our team at Monti is prepared to provide the highest-quality powder coating services for your industrial parts at our full-service, Greenwood, SC facility. We offer powder coating for the following market segments:
- Electrical Enclosures & Components
- Office Furniture
- Lighting Fixtures
- Retail Fixtures
- Vending Machines
- Satellite Dishes & Parts
- Metal Parts