- Must be able to understand basic shop math including knowledge of fraction decimal equivalents
- Fluent in reading part drawings (including multiple views and three-dimensional details) required to machine parts from steel, aluminum, copper and plastics.
- All candidates must have the ability to make corrections and solve problems in order to maintain high quality and high production rates.
- Candidate must work well with other employees in a team environment.
- Duties also include performing secondary operations such as drill press, de-burring, etc.
- Knowledge of cutting tools and their correct speeds and feeds across an array of many types of materials.
- Job may require heavy lifting, repetitive movements and long periods of time on feet.
- Able inspect product using calipers, height gage, square, and tape measure
- Willing to work overtime as needed, average hours per week are between 50 and 60.
- Show up to work daily, on-time
Essential Job Functions:
Employees must be able to function well with regard to the following:
- Uncontrolled environmental conditions: noise, dust, dirt, mobile equipment, and walking surfaces strewn with materials, power cords and tools is typical.
- Occasional lifting up to 50 lbs., routine lifting up to 30 lbs., up to 10 times per hour, and pushing / pulling 10 lbs. regularly, 1 to 10 hours per day.
- Any combination of standing, bending, climbing, balancing, kneeling, crouching, reaching, handling, fingering, feeling and walking 8 to 10 hours per day.
- Ability to work up to 8-10 hour shifts and overtime as required by the work.
- Use of all limbs, dexterous and steady use of hands and arms for long periods of time.
- Simultaneous mental and muscular coordination, visual and audio awareness of surrounding area.