The Busbar Punch Set-Up Operator will configure and operate electrically powered presses to punch holes in metals.
- Performs operations such as blanking and punching based on blueprints and other instructions.
- Configures equipment and calibrates gauge settings.
- Recognizes condition of dies.
- Loads materials onto equipment, feeding material through die; positions and removes parts from die.
- Changes tooling between production runs.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for maintenance.
- Use of forklift to move materials.
- Maintains 6S (sort, set, shine, standardize, sustain, safety) standards in all work stations.
- Completes other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Knowledge of blueprint reading.
- Basic computer skills.
- Basic math skills.
- Mechanical inclination.
- Organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Interpersonal and written communication.
- Read a tape measure and other measurement tools.
- Function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Work well with others on a team.
- Solve problems quickly and efficiently.
- Provide own tools (ex. calipers, tape measure).
- Willingness to have performance measured daily.
Preferred Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent.
- Uncontrolled environmental conditions: noise, dust, dirt, and mobile equipment.
- Routine, repetitive lifting up to 35 lbs., occasional, heavy lifting, and pushing / pulling 10 lbs. regularly, 1 to 10 hours per day.
- Any combination of standing, bending, climbing, balancing, kneeling, crouching, reaching, handling, feeling, and walking 8 to 10 hours per day.
- Ability to work up to 8-10 hour shifts and overtime as required by the work.
- Use of all limbs, dexterous and steady use of hands and arms for long periods of time.
- Simultaneous mental and muscular coordination, visual and audio awareness of surrounding area.
Monti, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.