Laser Utility Operator
The Laser Technician will work with the laser team to complete multiple tasks within the laser department.
- Breaks out laser cut parts from sheet metal.
- Sets up and operates Timesaver machine. ( Finishing / sanding machine ) , tumblers.
- Operates machinery in a safe manner.
- Maintains 6S (sort, set, shine, standardize, sustain, safety) standards in all work stations.
- Operates forklift to move materials.
- Completes other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Knowledge of blueprint reading.
- Read a tape measure and other measurement tools.
- Basic math skills (ex. addition, subtraction, multiplication).
- Basic computer skills.
- Mechanical inclination.
- Organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Solve problems quickly and efficiently.
- Willingness to have performance measured daily.
- Preferred Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent.
- Uncontrolled environmental conditions: noise, dust, dirt, and mobile equipment.
- Any combination of sitting, standing, bending, climbing, balancing, kneeling, crouching, reaching, handling, feeling, and walking 8 to 10 hours per day.
- Ability to work up to 8-10 hour shifts and overtime as required by the work.
- Use of all limbs, dexterous and steady use of hands and arms for long periods of time.
- Simultaneous mental and muscular coordination, visual and audio awareness of surrounding area.
- Routine, repetitive lifting up to 35 lbs., occasional, heavy lifting, and pushing / pulling 10 lbs. regularly, 1 to 10 hours per day.