CNC Press Brake Operator
Set-up and operate sheet metal equipment including CNC press brake and other related equipment. Manufacture sheet metal parts according to work order and specifications. Amada experience a plus.
•Performs all activities in a safe manner always utilizing required PPE.
•Sets up and operates equipment that forms sheet metal according to work order and specifications.
•Verifies all parts meet requirements through standard inspection practices.
•Maintains machinery through TPM practices.
•Maintains documentation as required.
•Repairs damaged sheet metal if cost effective.
•Reworks sheet metal to latest revisions, variances or engineering changes if cost effective.
•Performs other duties as assigned.
•Complies with company’s performance and conduct policies.
•Maintains regular work attendance.
QUALIFICATIONS / JOB SPECIFICATIONS:
•Have high school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one year directly related experience or training.
•Be able to read and comprehend blueprints and instructions.
•Ability to use inspection tools.
•Be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
•Be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to problem solve.
•Have basic PC skills and/or willing to learn.
•Be able to regularly lift and/or move up to twenty-five pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to fifty pounds and occasionally move and /or lift up to seventy-five pounds.
- Knowledge of tool selection based on part being manufactured
- Knowledge of calculating flat sizes using material bend allowance
- Knowledge of fraction decimal equivalents. EX: ¼ = .250, 5/8 =.625
- Willing to work overtime as needed
Essential Job Functions:
Employees must be able to function well with regard to the following:
- Uncontrolled environmental conditions: noise, dust, dirt, mobile equipment, and walking surfaces strewn with materials, power cords and tools is typical.
- Occasional lifting up to 65 lbs., routine lifting up to 40 lbs., up to 10 times per hour, and pushing / pulling 10 lbs. regularly, 1 to 10 hours per day.
- Any combination of standing, bending, climbing, balancing, kneeling, crouching, reaching, handling, fingering, feeling and walking 8 to 10 hours per day.
- Ability to work up to 8-10 hour shifts and overtime as required by the work.
- Use of all limbs, dexterous and steady use of hands and arms for long periods of time.
- Simultaneous mental and muscular coordination, visual and audio awareness of surrounding area.