CNC Press Brake Operator
The CNC Press Brake Operator will set up and operate metal equipment including CNC press brake and other related equipment to manufacture sheet metal, copper, lexan, and formex products according to work order and specifications.
- Performs all activities in a safe manner always utilizing required PPE.
- Sets up and operates equipment that forms sheet metal according to work order, blueprints, and specifications.
- Verifies all parts meet requirements through standard inspection practices.
- Maintains machinery through TPM practices.
- Maintains documentation as required.
- Repairs damaged sheet metal if cost effective.
- Reworks sheet metal to latest revisions, variances, or engineering changes if cost effective.
- Complies with company’s performance and conduct policies.
- Maintains regular work attendance.
- Starts, stops, and sets up press brake machines in a safe manner.
- Maintains 6S (sort, set, shine, standardize, sustain, safety) standards in all work stations.
- Runs secondary machines as needed.
- Completes other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Knowledge of blueprint reading.
- Knowledge of tool selection based on part being manufactured.
- Knowledge of calculating flat sizes using material bend allowance.
- Basic math skills (ex. addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fraction decimal equivalents).
- Basic computer skills.
- Mechanical inclination.
- Organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Interpersonal and written communication.
- Persistence when faced with problems.
- Set up and operate a CNC machine.
- Function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Work well with others on a team.
- Solve problems quickly and efficiently.
- Follow instructions and processes.
- Use inspection tools.
- Provide own tools (ex. Calipers, squares, protractor).
- Willingness to have performance measured daily.
Required Education and Experience:
- 1 year directly related experience or training.
- Basic brake knowledge.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Bystronic or Accur Press experience.
- Uncontrolled environmental conditions: noise, dust, dirt, and mobile equipment.
- Routine, repetitive lifting up to 35 lbs., occasional, heavy lifting, and pushing / pulling 10 lbs. regularly, 1 to 10 hours per day.
- Any combination of standing, bending, climbing, balancing, kneeling, crouching, reaching, handling, feeling, and walking 8 to 10 hours per day.
- Ability to work up to 8-10 hour shifts and overtime as required by the work.
- Use of all limbs, dexterous and steady use of hands and arms for long periods of time.
- Simultaneous mental and muscular coordination, visual and audio awareness of surrounding area.