The CNC Lathe Operator will produce machined parts by operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; and keeping records.
- Operates CNC lathe machines.
- Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Starts and stops lathe machines in a safe manner.
- Maintains equipment by following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for maintenance.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value.
- Maintains 6S (sort, set, shine, standardize, sustain, safety) standards in all work stations.
- Completes other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Knowledge of blueprint reading.
- Basic computer skills.
- Mechanical inclination.
- Organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Interpersonal and written communication.
- Operate a CNC machine.
- Function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Work well with others on a team.
- Solve problems quickly and efficiently.
- Willingness to have performance measured daily.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience operating CNC machines.
- Uncontrolled environmental conditions: noise, dust, dirt, and mobile equipment.
- Routine, repetitive lifting up to 35 lbs., occasional, heavy lifting, and pushing / pulling 10 lbs. regularly, 1 to 10 hours per day.
- Any combination of standing, bending, climbing, balancing, kneeling, crouching, reaching, handling, feeling, and walking 8 to 10 hours per day.
- Ability to work up to 8-10 hour shifts and overtime as required by the work.
- Use of all limbs, dexterous and steady use of hands and arms for long periods of time.
- Simultaneous mental and muscular coordination, visual and audio awareness of surrounding area.
Monti, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.