- Preps substrate by masking parts per print.
- Heats up substrate in oven.
- Operates ovens and other machinery in a safe manner.
- Manually and with automation, dips substrate into epoxy-powder.
- Removes masking and smoothes uneven powder buildup.
- Hangs parts on curing rack.
- Starts, stops, and sets up oven to specified temperature.
- Operates grinding hand tools to produce parts that match blueprint specifications.
- Grinds substrate for epoxy adhesion as specified.
- Removes sharp edges from metals.
- Restocks refrigerator with epoxy powder.
- Refills epoxy dip tanks.
- Brush plates with silver and tin.
- Applies spray varnish on epoxy parts as needed.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains 6S (sort, set, shine, standardize, sustain, safety) standards in all work stations.
- Completes other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Knowledge of blueprint reading.
- Attention to detail.
- Time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Basic math skills (ex. addition, subtraction, multiplication).
- Basic computer skills.
- Mechanical inclination.
- Read a tape measure.
- Function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Work well with others on a team.
- Follow instructions and processes.
- Work with a sense of urgency.
- Willingness to have performance measured daily.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Uncontrolled environmental conditions: uncontrolled temperatures, noise, dust, dirt, and mobile equipment.
- Routine, repetitive lifting up to 35 lbs., occasional, heavy lifting, and pushing / pulling 10 lbs. regularly, 1 to 10 hours per day.
- Any combination of standing, bending, climbing, balancing, kneeling, crouching, reaching, handling, feeling, lifting above shoulders, and walking 8 to 10 hours per day.
- Ability to be around 400° ovens and fumes.
- Ability to work up to 8-10 hour shifts and overtime as required by the work.
- Use of all limbs, dexterous and steady use of hands and arms for long periods of time.
- Simultaneous mental and muscular coordination, visual and audio awareness of surrounding area.