The CNC Mill Set-Up Machinist will produce machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; and keeping records.
- Sets up mills safely by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vices; tramming heads.
- Sets up mills for Mill Operators and Mill Apprentices; oversees Operators and Apprentices by walking them through jobs; maintaining responsibility for their jobs; checking their parts.
- Starts, stops, and sets up milling machines in a safe manner.
- Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to international standards.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for maintenance.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value.
- Maintains 6S (sort, set, shine, standardize, sustain, safety) standards in all work stations.
- Completes other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Knowledge of G & M codes.
- Knowledge of blueprint reading.
- Intermediate math skills (ex. Algebra, trigonometry).
- Basic computer skills.
- Mechanical inclination.
- Organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Interpersonal and written communication.
- Persistence when faced with problems.
- Set up and operate a CNC machine.
- Function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Work well with others on a team.
- Solve problems quickly and efficiently.
- Mentor others.
- Lead by example.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Provide own tools (ex. Calipers).
- Willingness to have performance measured daily.
Required Education and Experience:
Preferred Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent.
- Uncontrolled environmental conditions: noise, dust, dirt, and mobile equipment.
- Routine, repetitive lifting up to 35 lbs., occasional, heavy lifting, and pushing / pulling 10 lbs. regularly, 1 to 10 hours per day.
- Any combination of standing, bending, climbing, balancing, kneeling, crouching, reaching, handling, feeling, and walking 8 to 10 hours per day.
- Ability to work up to 8-10 hour shifts and overtime as required by the work.
- Use of all limbs, dexterous and steady use of hands and arms for long periods of time.
- Simultaneous mental and muscular coordination, visual and audio awareness of surrounding area.
Monti, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.